Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Catching Up...

We had a nice Thanksgiving! My sister & brother-in-law hosted this year. They moved 6 months ago, and it was nice to spend the holiday in their beautiful house! I made the broccoli casserole and the asparagus casserole. Other than that we had a delicious turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes w/ marshmallows, corn pudding, green bean casserole, rolls, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting something! Later than afternoon my kids and I went to see Corey and his side of the family. All in all, it was a nice day with family and yummy food. This year I know that I have a lot to be thankful for, although sometimes it is hard not to get overwhelmed with the things that stress me out! It's good to take time to reflect on your blessings, though. I think it helps you keep a good perspective on your life.
The kids and I decorated the tree on Saturday. I just love how the house looks and feels during Christmastime. One of my favorite things to do is light the Christmas tree after it gets dark, and just sit in the living room with a Christmas candle going (especially 'Christmas Eve' from Yankee Candle) and just enjoy the quiet.
Things are going ok money wise... I still need to be more diligent about budgeting and not spending money unnecessarily. That gets me every time. It's hard sometimes. I can't believe it's going on 5 months that we've lived here!! It doesn't seem like it.
Well, just wanted to check in. I will be more consistant with posting one day!!!

No comments: