Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cue the chirping crickets...

I am so incredibly bored today. My office is so quiet!! I have a little busy work that I could be doing, but I just can't get motivated to do it. Maybe after I post this equally boring blog entry.

So, we're moving in 2 days!! I can't believe it. It some ways, it feels really strange and scary, because I've never lived on my own before - the only adult in charge. I am still so unsure about what is going to happen in my marriage, and still so tender from all of the emotional upheaval that has been going on lately, but I know that moving forward is a good thing. My grandma has been so gracious to us; doing whatever she can to make room for us, to help in any way that she can, and even doing all of our laundry! Bless her! But we definitely need our space. It has been very hard to adapt to this new life while being crammed into one bedroom with both of my kids. I had also really wanted to move before school starts, so it really is a good thing. I'm just so nervous and worried.

I also worry about Corey a lot - I know he's having a hard time managing all of the household bills plus a new car payment on his own. I have to stop myself from feeling like I adandoned him or something. HE should be giving ME money! Since I am the one taking care of the kids and all. I haven't really pushed that issue with him because I know that he has had a lot to adjust to as well. We'll get it figured out, though. I just hope he doesn't fall really behind on the house payments and end up in foreclosure. I seriously doubt that would happen, but it would be bad!! We really need to either sell the house or get it refinanced and out of my name! Then I will feel like I can truly move forward and not be tied to the house.

In other news, I am really going down in clothing sizes!! I can wear a regular 18 now, not a plus sized 18!! That is a huge milestone for me! I have been wearing plus sized clothes for a long time!! Since I had Taylor, at least, and that was 12 years ago! So, I am feeling very accomplished and excited. Shopping for clothes is starting to be so much more fun. It was something that I dreaded for a really long time.

I am in desperate need of some time away. I would really love to take my kids somewhere over Labor Day weekend; just the 3 of us. Maybe Savannah? Or even just the Emerald Point Resort at Lake Lanier would be fun. I'd save a ton on gas, too. I'll have to think about it. We just really need some time away as a little family!!

Speaking of things that I am desperately in need of: my eyebrows are scary!!! I need to get them waxed ASAP if not sooner. I had gotten really good about going once a month, but I've slacked off lately. Yikes!

Well, I need to find some work to do. It is only 1:15!! Ugh.

No comments: