Monday, July 7, 2008

Good Weekend..

We had a really nice long weekend for the 4th of July. I was off work on Friday (of course) and we spent the day and evening with my sister & brother-in-law at their house for a cook-out and fire works. It was nice to just be with family and not battle the huge crowds. I do admit that I did miss the large fireworks display that we normally go to see, but the kids had fun watching the neighbors set off the fireworks, so that's what matters. And the food was great! My b-i-l is definitely a grill master. :)

I was down 1.4 lbs at my weigh-in on Saturday. I've lost a total of 22.8 lbs so far! Less than 4 lbs to go for my 10% goal, and I am so excited! It is a good feeling to know that I've been sticking with something for almost 11 weeks now. I normally would have given up a long time ago. I've also been pushing myself to walk everyday, even when I don't feel like it. I know that the walking has had a lot to do with my weightloss progress.

Saturday was my little Tay-Tay's birthday. I can't believe she is 12!! Where does the time go? It doesn't seem like it has been 12 years. We had a pool party for her, and then dinner & cake at my Grandma's house. She had a nice day. She got $70 in birthday money, which has her absolutely beaming! She definitely hasn't hit teenager mode yet, though; when I suggested that she use some of her money for new clothes, she looked at me like I was crazy, and then said, very unwillingly, mind you, that she'd spend $10 on clothes. LOL!

There are lots of future blog posts swirling through my mind for the next few weeks - an update on things between my husband and I, budgeting, tithing, and the importance of me-time. I also really want to talk about how much I am dying to go back to school!!

No comments: